Monday, March 2, 2009

Susanne's Yummy Bean Recipe

Okay so I have been hooked on these beans ever since we went to vist my sister Susanne last July. She made them as side dish with a whole bunch of other yummy food (she is a really good cook) for a barbecue that we had at her and Del's. Well I am not usually a bean person, but I gave them a try and I was hooked. David laughs at me because I have made them a lot this year hmmmmmmmm...... Erin and James moving away party, gingerbread house party, New Year's party, Superbowl party I could go on but I am getting gas just thinking about it ! Ha! Ha! Anyway they are soooo yummy and best served with Tostitos Scoops chips. I know I have already given some of you the recipe but for those that don't have it, here you go.

Susanne's Beans
1lb ground beef
1 sweet onion chopped
1 can seasoned chili beans ( I like Bush's)
1 can white beans (great northern is the best I think, they kind of have a sweetness to them)
1 can pinto beans
1 Tbsp dijon or reg mustard
1/2 cup brn sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup ketschup
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
chili powder,salt, and to taste (I season the meat while it's browning and the crockpot of beans as well)
Brown your beef with the onion and put in the crockpot with the bean mixture (mix it well before adding your meat and onions) Put it on low and let it simmer. I usually only make about an hour before we are ready to eat it. It doesn't need that long in the crockpot. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment